The School Service
Cost Effective Data Protection for your School
Having work with over 120 schools of all sizes, the DPO Centre understands the personal data you process, how you process it and the many software systems and platforms you use.
Our service to schools has been developed specifically to fit your tight financial constraints. It enables schools of all types and sizes to comply with new data protection legislation in an easily accessible, collective and cost-effective way.
Click here to find out more about what data protection legislation means for schools.
HOW THE SERVICE WORKS
Our service is at its most cost effective when schools work together. It is ideal for multi-academy trusts or partnerships, or simply where local schools are happy to collaborate.
Our service is delivered in two distinct phases:
Phase 1. Impact Assessment
The Impact Assessment audits your school’s data protection needs and includes:
- Group training – provided by an experienced DPO to all relevant staff and governors
- Fact finding questionnaire – jointly completed by the DPO and a representative from your school
- Policy review – your key policies reviewed, recommendations made and model policies provided
- Recommendations and action plan – prepared by the DPO to identify and detail any specific areas requiring improvement
- Review of recommendations – provided remotely to each school
Phase 2. Ongoing DPO Services
The DPO Centre ensures ongoing compliance by providing:
- A designated Data Protection Officer
- A telephone and email advice line manned by qualified DPOs providing year-round support
- Ongoing Data protection advice for issues such as Subject Access Requests and potential breaches
- Termly questionnaires completed by the school and returned to the DPO for review and comment
- Annual review and progress report
BENEFITS OF THE SERVICE
Sheringham Woodfields School
“The DPO Centre has made what initially appeared to be a complex task straightforward, and we are very pleased with how thoroughly the entire process was conducted.”