EU and UK Representation Services Required by GDPR Article 27
Our service provides you access to established and experienced GDPR representation services across the UK and all EU member states from our team of qualified GDPR and data protection professionals. The Representative can liaise with supervisory authorities, supervise Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs), build and maintain Record of Processing Activities (RoPA).
The DPO Centre can provide:
- EU Representation to organisations outside the EEA
- UK Representation to organisations outside the UK, after 31st December 2020
- EU Representation for UK & other organisations outside the EEA, post after 31st December 2020
Click here to find out more about when and why you need GDPR Representation.
After 31st December 2020, at the end of the transition period, the UK Government’s current position is that data controllers or processors located outside the UK that process the personal data of UK citizens will need to appoint a UK Representative.
EU law will continue to require organisations based outside the EEA (including the UK) that process data on EU residents, to have an EU Representative. If an organisation processes personal data of data subjects residing in a limited number of EU states, then its Representative should have a presence in one of those states.
This position may change during the transition period negotiations but probably represents the most likely outcome.
- During Transition period, we can provide representation for organisations in the UK or any other country within the EU through our London office
- After 31st December 2020, representation and translation services within the EU will be provided through our Dublin or other EU city offices
The DPO Centre provides local representation and translation services both in the UK and any of the 27 member states across continental Europe.
You can always remain compliant with Article 27 of the GDPR even if you only process the personal data of data subjects that reside in the UK or a specific EU member state.
HOW THE SERVICE WORKS
Ensuring Ongoing Compliance
LOCAL REPRESENTATION IN THE UK AND ACROSS ANY OF THE OTHER 27 MEMBER STATES
BENEFITS OF THE SERVICE
WHO WE WORK WITH
The DPO Centre has specialist knowledge in many industry sectors so can provide Representation services for Data Controllers and Processors working in:
Fill in your details below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible