DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Ian is a highly qualified data protection officer, holding the CIPP/E qualification, as well as the GDPR Practitioner certificate.
Ian is also a qualified teacher and ex deputy headmaster, and has been the Data Protection Officer for over 130 schools as well working as a County Council Management Information Consultant. He has extensive financial knowledge and has attained both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in accounting and finance.
Having been a Troop Commander with the Royal Engineers and with natural investigative and training skills Ian is very comfortable working at all organisational levels including the most senior to give the best possible advice, guidance and support.
- CIPP/E Certificate
- GDPR Practitioner Certificate – University of Winchester
- MSc – Forensic Accounting – Portsmouth University
- BSc (Hons) – Accounting & Land Use and Development
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
DPO CENTRE LTD CLIENTS
- Data Protection Officer for an organisation specialising in medical research and technology
- Primary, Secondary & SEN schools
- Further & Higher Education establishments
- Information Technology
- Medical and Healthcare – including acting as a Caldicott guardian
- Schools’ Data Protection Officer – Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire
- Management Information System Consultant – Cambridge County Council Education Dept.
Deputy Head Teacher
- Financial Analyst – Financial Times
- Head of TA Training / Troop Commander – Royal Engineers