Benefits of Outsourcing your DPO
The DPO Centre’s outsourced Data Protection Officer service delivers flexible, tailored data protection support, advice and expertise to your organisation, wherever you are in the UK.
The service provides you with highly experienced and qualified Data Protection Officers (DPOs) who work on your site as an integral member of your team.
There are numerous benefits to outsourcing your DPO role to the DPO Centre, however we have highlighted below what we consider to be the top 10.
Top 10 Key Benefits
- The DPO Centre provides data protection related services to over 300 clients from a wide variety of sectors. This means our team draws upon a breadth of knowledge far deeper than would be possible for a small team or a single individual to acquire and maintain.
- Unlike other outsourced providers, our DPOs work with you at your offices as an integral member of your team, become immersed in your culture and take a proactive, rather than reactive approach to your requirements.
- Your DPO will be drawn from a team of DPOs, in fact one of the largest DPO teams in the country, so they benefit from being able to consult with and draw knowledge from their team colleagues such that any interpretations of law and decisions made are derived from a far wider and greater faceted knowledge base.
- A DPO Centre DPO, rather than a standalone individual, means you benefit from our constantly evolving and improving central pool of processes and proven model documentation. This means your DPO spends only the time necessary to tailor them to your requirements, rather than having to research and create them from scratch.
- Being part of a wider team means that additional resources can be brought in as and when required.
- The DPO Centre has knowledge of numerous GDPR and ePrivacy compliance tools, vendors and software solutions, so can provide informed guidance, reduced decision time and improved choice.
- Your primary DPO takes responsibility for the role and (at no additional cost) is supported by a secondary DPO who steps in when required, therefore ensuring a seamless service and removing the distraction, cost and inconvenience of recruiting replacements.
- You pay only for the time from your DPO that you use, and you never need to meet the cost of ongoing training, benefits packages, absence, holidays or sickness, and you avoid all employment liabilities.
- Your DPOs activities are monitored and managed by the DPO Centre’s head of DPOs, so does not consume the time or attention of your management team. The quality of the service they deliver is also monitored by our Head of Client Services, therefore providing the oversight that ensures we always deliver an appropriate, structured, co-ordinated and quality-driven service.
- Our DPOs follow a tried-and-tested range of duties from a Schedule of Works that has been developed through working with our wide-range of clients. Each element of the Schedule of Works links back to the 6 principles of the GDPR, meaning we can clearly demonstrate and regularly report on how risk is evolving and reducing over time.
Fundamentally, we believe that all these benefits combined mean a DPO Centre DPO provides far greater value for this key role than is possible from a small team, a single independent contractor or an internal employee.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We work with organisations in a wide variety of sectors, including: